What happens now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I found book about destroying the national parks- is a summary needed??

Post  FleetSox on April 11th 2008, 9:01 pm

Just went to a HUGH used book sale (3 gyms worth) and by serendipity found this (first edition) book on the top of the "environmentalist" stack. Am willing to read over the weekead end send tidbits. Have some issues to tie up by the 17th - then can research and help. I remember (unfortunately for my aging) this and meeting Mo. The attorneys can borrow this.

FleetSox

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Roll the sleeves...

Post  sherrymskt on April 11th 2008, 8:39 pm

Lets get down and dirty guys, any info u find and email to who ever, post if u will so we all can hit the emailing list harder with facts.
sherrymskt

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happens now

Post  aarrgghh on April 11th 2008, 7:50 pm

OK I finally googled Derb Carter. I knew there was irony in this and the OLF thing.
Derb Carter accepts award for work with NC's waters and wetlandsChapel Hill - Longtime environmental advocate, Southern Environmental Law Center Senior Attorney Derb S. Carter, Jr. was named North Carolina’s 2004 Conservationist of the Year by the NC Wildlife Federation for his longtime commitment to North Carolina’s waters, wetlands and wildlife. Most recently, Carter has served as a lead attorney successfully representing the environmental interests in litigation against against the Navy and their Outlying Landing Field proposal in northeastern North Carolina. Judge Terrence Boyle forbade the Navy from continuing with landing field plans due to their violation of environmental law brought to light by Carter and others.
So this guy has won before in front of Judge Boyle. Dose anyone know if Joe Albea has weighed in on this issue? He was the one who had the enviornemtal impact studies and the birds in the existing refuge located beside the proposed OLF area? I will check further on Albea but if he supports the DOW and SELC we are really in deep.

aarrgghh

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What happens now

Post  aarrgghh on April 11th 2008, 6:47 pm

Now that the negotiations have failed (thank goodness!) what happns now? Will the injunction be granted and when? In a way this really is good because Dare County and its citizens were granted Intenvor rights. Judge Boyle will hear testimony from the actual residents (at some point)and their evidence not just NPS and the feds. Does anyone see any irony from the OLF birds and this situation?
Derb Carter had NO INTENTION of good faith negotiations and really had everything going SELC and enviornmentals way. Make no mistake these attorneys will not help our case. The DOW website is full of half stories and impressive "statistics". It sounds like the natives and visitors are running over everything Smile
So I am in the mind frame that this will all be for the best (like Frank) this may have to get much darker but clearly this can be a huge opportunuty for us all to make our voices heard and REALLY come together not just for the OBX but for other communities that are thereatened by these type of lawsuits. The grass roots organizations that have sprung up will work. I have seen this before and I am convinced we all have the desire to be in this for the long haul. So dig deep, fight fire with fire and lets sticks to the facts and the real science. Derb Carter has no idea what can he has really opened. I almost feel sorry for him.....naaaaaa

aarrgghh

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happens now

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum