the screwing we got behind closed doors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE BACK DOOR NEGOCIATIONS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 20th 2008, 4:07 pm

SOUNDS LIKE THEY WERE ALREADY PISSED OFF BEFORE THE BALL REALLY GOT TO ROLLING. EVIDENTLY THEIR AGENDA WAS MET AND ACCOMPLISHED. SOMETIMES COMPRIMISE IS REALLY NOT COMPRIMISE, BUT ONE SIDE GETTING WHAT THEY WANTED TO BEGIN WITH. AND THEY HAVE............. Cool

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the screwing we got behind closed doors

Post  Frank Folb Jr on April 17th 2008, 10:30 am

Exactly Hydra,

Once the plover eggs hatch the monitors will watch where they travel in search of food. If they get close to the fencing at the north side of the point then the point will be closed until the plover chicks move far enough away to reopen. Basically whereever the chicks go so goes the closure.

Night driving will be closed May 1 through Sept. 15 from 10pm to 6 am
Sept. 15 through November night time driving permits will be available, There has not been any talk of how much $$$ or How many available. Hopefully free and unlimited, again, it was not even a bone thrown to us.

Remember, this "decree" has not gone to boyle yet and he can make changes if he wants. So that is why OBPA and NCBBA has been a little slower to put out a press release. We don't wanna piss him off!!

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

From what I can tell...

Post  Angel70 on April 17th 2008, 10:08 am

it looks like night driving is out completely. It also appears that, after looking at the 2008 maps, we'll still be able to drive in most of the areas in question, but with very limited access. If erosion takes over, then we'll really be screwed. We'll no longer be able to access Cape Point from the Billy Mitchell access ramp (which is the one my family uses the majority of the time). If you enter at the Cape Point access ramp, you'll still be able to get to the Point though. It also sounded like the NPS will have to monitor the plovers every morning and rope off the areas daily. So depending on where the plovers are located on any given day, that will determine allowable access.

Hope that helps a little. It all seems a bit confusing to me, but that's the way I've interpreted it.

Angel70

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mimig on April 17th 2008, 9:27 am

some just tell me.....can we drive on the beach anymore or not

mimig

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mimig on April 17th 2008, 9:26 am

some just tell me.....can we drive on the beach anymore or not

mimig

Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ACCESS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 17th 2008, 8:28 am

THE EXTENT OF THE CLOSURES IS DEPENDENT UPON THEIR MATING IN CERTAIN SPOTS THEN. ARE YOU SAYING IF THEY WALK TOWARDS THE WATER THEN THAT AREA WOULD BE CLOSED OFF RIGHT AWAY.? THAT'S HOW I UNDERSTOOD THE NEWS ARTICLE FROM LAST NIGHT. Cool

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Folb Jr on April 17th 2008, 8:18 am

I'm not sure what recourse we have right now but to pray the plovers don't mate or at least if they do the chicks stay in the middle of the closures and don't cause other sections of beach to get closed. For right now, at least we have the opportunity to have access until the NegReg is completed and a NEW ORV plan is put into place.

Frank Folb Jr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SHAME ON THEM

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 17th 2008, 8:07 am

ARE RECOURSES IN PLACE WHERE THE PEOPLE CAN AGAIN ADDRESS THE ISSUE>IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN BE DONE AT THIS POINT? SORRY ABOUT THAT MR FOLB. MY HOPE THAT THERE IS ARE OTHER AVENUES TO PURSUE IN THIS SITUTATION ARE GREAT. ALL OF MY FAMILY VISIT THERE IN THE SUMMER, WE ARE RESPECTFUL OF THE AREA, HAVE HAD OUR KIDS PLAY ON THOSE BEACHES, TAKEN TRASH OFF, AND WE ARE HIGHLY UPSET. I HAVE BEEN EMAILING PEOPLE AND SENDING LETTERS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THIS NEEDS TO BE NATIONALLY COVERED AT THE VERY LEAST. THE US ATTOURNEY'S OFFICE DEFINITELY DROPPED THE BALL, HECK THEY DIDN'T EVEN CARRY IT VERY FAR. Mad

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The shame is

Post  Frank Folb Jr on April 17th 2008, 7:53 am

There is a plan and always has been a plan since 1978. There are copies of it around BUT, THE COPY never made it from Atlanta to DC. I'm not sure why this has never been rectified in all these years. At the meeting I went to Monday night as a Director of OBPA I have NEVER felt so hog tied in my life. It's like kingkong hand my neck in one hand and my **** in the other.

DOI in Washington is a bunch of yellow bellied pieces of ****!! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Frank Folb Jr on April 17th 2008, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Frank Folb Jr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ABOUT THAT

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 17th 2008, 7:44 am

YOU ARE CORRECT FRANK ABOUT THEIR INTERESTS. I THINK IT WAS EGG ON THEIR FACES AN EMBARASSMENT FOR NOT HAVING A PLAN BEFORE NOW IN PLACE. WHERE WERE ALL THE LEADERS IN THE NPS ALL THOSE YEARS ASKING WHEN THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN? WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE NOW (OR MAYBE NOT) EXCUSE THE PUN. WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS NOW? OH BY THE BY THIS AMERICA AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS IN THE CONSTITUTION ALTHOUGH I BELIEVE THAT DOCUMENT HASN'T BEEN TRULY ADHERRED TO IN MANY A YEAR. :xALSO IN THE DECLARATION OF :INDEPENDENCE:

Last edited by HYDRAFISH2 on April 17th 2008, 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADDITIONAL COMMENT)

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Folb Jr on April 17th 2008, 7:35 am

The green faction at DOI in Washington DC is who you should be mad at. They rolled over and showed their yellow bellies.!! Oops, I forgot, I shouldn't make comments yet!!

Frank Folb Jr.

Frank Folb Jr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

the screwing we got behind closed doors

Post  longcaster on April 17th 2008, 12:03 am

Who is happy about the screed put out as a setlement? I'm not. Throw NAS DOW SELC out of the Park declare them "persona-non grata" arrest them for tresspass when they return.

longcaster

longcaster

Registration date : 2008-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top