Legislation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Access is the issue - not beach replenishment

Post  FriscoGirl on April 23rd 2008, 10:09 pm

My parents live in Frisco. I grew up during the summers on the beach. Have also spent lots of time in the Michigan dunes (Silver Lake and others).

Beach replenishment is a big issue where the beaches are overbuilt with houses (Nags Head and north - as well as most of the northeast and Florida). Where it is a national park (or recreational area - as here) the beach replenishment is not so critical. In fact they decided to move the lighthouse rather than replenish the beach any further.

As others have so clearly stated (read the posts!) it is access to the beaches that is in jeopardy!!! By land or by sea, or in this case - by vehicle or by foot.

They will barricade the dunes and raise the fines sufficiently that only the young, the foolhardy, or the bankrupt will dare to cross the dunes to the ocean.

So sad - taking away the rights of the people to give to the environmental societies - without any true benefit for either the people, or the flora and fauna - just for power, control and ego stroking.

FriscoGirl

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legislation

Post  va to obx on April 23rd 2008, 4:35 pm

I have been coming to Frisco for 8+ years. I have friends that have come for 20+ years. We have become friends with Locals. I go there because I grew up with the natural beaches of Michigans west coast and this is the closest I can get to that feeling. The biggest impact of closing the beaches to 4x4's will be the thousands of people parking along 12 and climbing over the dunes dragging coolers and beachware. This will then be eliminated to stop the destruction of the dunes and all access to the beaches will be shut off. OBX will then lose goverment funding for replenishing the beaches after hurricanes and then we can expect no more than ten years before total destruction of what is an incedible amount of money for the NC goverment. I suggest we do a park in on the beaches if the judge rules against driving on the beach and let them tow all of us off.

va to obx

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

For what it's worth

Post  Frank Folb Jr on April 21st 2008, 11:51 pm

This guy seems to understand. Maybe he can help.

http://www.theherald-nc.com/opinion/story/7910.html

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The agenda of the

Post  FriscoGirl on April 21st 2008, 11:28 pm

See "Stealing the National Parks" by Don Hummel

FriscoGirl

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Legislation...

Post  obx4us on April 21st 2008, 10:54 pm

Frank, What can we do to get this on the t.v?? I live in Richmond VA and I never here about it on t.v. I have told MANY people...and they think I'm full of crap. This should be a special report. Oh, if things don't turn out "RIGHT" can't we appeal? Or not because we made a "agreement"?

obx4us

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Legislation

Post  Frank Folb Jr on April 21st 2008, 10:13 pm

Judge Boyle and the eco nazis are gonna try and take away access to Cape Hatteras National Seashore,They do not care how it will affect the economy of the 8 villages located IN the park. We need to write, email, call shout out over loud speakers at or state and federal gpvt officials and tell them we want laws put into place that will allow free and open vehicular and pedestrian access on this seashore as promised until the NegReg has been put into place.Tell everyone you know to write their officials not just NC's all of them.

Get this going quick and lets get more heat on DC than we have ever had before!!!

Tell how unhappy you are at the yelow bellied SOB's at DOI as well Hammer them !!!

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legislation

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top