Article in today's Virginian-Pilot (04/22/08)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIDE OUT

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 24th 2008, 10:12 am

A RIDE OUT TO SAVE THE BEACH WOULD BE GREAT. IT WOULD DEFINITELY GET THE SITUATION IN THE NEWS QUICKLY ENOUGH. MAYBE EVEN THE NATIONAL NEWS. IT SEEMS TO ME THEY ARE TRYING TO KEEP IT SUPPRESSED. THAT SURE WOULD GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN. I'M GAME. Cool

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Article in today's Virginian-Pilot (04/22/08)

Post  va to obx on April 23rd 2008, 4:34 pm

I have been coming to Frisco for 8+ years. I have friends that have come for 20+ years. We have become friends with Locals. I go there because I grew up with the natural beaches of Michigans west coast and this is the closest I can get to that feeling. The biggest impact of closing the beaches to 4x4's will be the thousands of people parking along 12 and climbing over the dunes dragging coolers and beachware. This will then be eliminated to stop the destruction of the dunes and all access to the beaches will be shut off. OBX will then lose goverment funding for replenishing the beaches after hurricanes and then we can expect no more than ten years before total destruction of what is an incedible amount of money for the NC goverment. I suggest we do a park in on the beaches if the judge rules against driving on the beach and let them tow all of us off.

va to obx

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hydra

Post  Angel70 on April 23rd 2008, 4:14 pm

I like roller coasters though cheers affraid ...this whole ordeal...not so much Rolling Eyes

Just trying to make light of a bad situation geek , I wish they'd just tell us SOMETHING, the waiting is what's driving me crazy.

Angel70

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

HERE'S A REPLY

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 23rd 2008, 2:09 pm

SOMETHING TELLS ME FROM THE QUOTES THAT IT IS EITHER A PERSONAL MATTER FOR BOYLE TO DELAY OR THERE MAY BE OTHER THINGS CROPPING UP FROM THIS. "CLOSED DOOR" MEETING? MAYBE WHO KNOWS THIS HAS BEEN LIKE A ROLLER COASTER RIDE AT THE PARK. ONE JERKY SUPRISE AFTER ANOTHER. sunny

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

david

Post  Angel70 on April 23rd 2008, 10:35 am

davidelfer wrote:45 views no reply?
ANY IDEAS WHY?
GOOD QUOTES FROM MIKE MURRAY

Laughing I'm guessing because the article says it all. Just another delay keeping us on the edge of our seats.

Angel70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Va pilot

Post  davidelfer on April 23rd 2008, 10:28 am

45 views no reply?
ANY IDEAS WHY?
GOOD QUOTES FROM MIKE MURRAY

davidelfer

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Article in today's Virginian-Pilot (04/22/08)

Post  Angel70 on April 22nd 2008, 11:45 am

http://hamptonroads.com/node/462174

Judge's briefing on settlement over Hatteras beach driving is canceledBy Catherine Kozak
The Virginian-Pilot
April 22, 2008

The latest wrinkle in the legal action over off-road-vehicle use in North Carolina's Cape Hatteras National Seashore is the unexplained cancellation of a meeting scheduled for Monday.

The court canceled the meeting Saturday and has not rescheduled it.

U.S. District Judge Terrence Boyle had issued an order Friday to the National Park Service to produce up to three people to meet with him behind closed doors in Elizabeth City to explain maps and closure data in a proposed consent decree.

Filed Wednesday, the consent agreement would settle a lawsuit brought by the National Audubon Society and the Defenders of Wildlife against the Park Service. The groups contend an interim beach driving management plan inadequately protects nesting birds and turtles. The Cape Hatteras Access Preservation Alliance and Dare and Hyde counties later joined the action as defendant-intervenors.

The settlement requires the judge's approval.

In an order issued Friday, Boyle asked seven questions about the proposal that he wants answered in writing by this Friday. The judge's inquiry focused on control of ORV access, descriptions of beach ramps, numbers and sizes of vehicles, existence of permits, qualifications and screening of drivers and pedestrian safety.

Mike Murray, superintendent of the Hatteras park, said Monday that the questions were consistent with the judge's handling of the case.

"If one reflects on the hearing, and the issues and concerns he raised," Murray said, "I would say it's not a surprise."

The Park Service, Murray said, is working to make the best use of the seashore's 17 biological technicians responsible for monitoring nesting birds and turtles. Other questions the judge raised, he said, were planned as part of negotiations to create a long-term plan.

"Many of these issues are kind of on the table for discussion for negotiated rule-making," he said.

Angel70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Article in today's Virginian-Pilot (04/22/08)

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top