Our Rights to National Parks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thank you

Post  Michael on April 1st 2008, 9:45 pm

I am a treehugger. I recycle 75% of my garbage. I have given to every enviromental cause there is. I have saved everything from the spotted owl, to a piece of land in Central America for the Nature Conservatory. But now it is time to save us.
Last time I checked it was the Cape Hatteras National Recreational Seashore. When did it turn in a wildlife preserve?
While in Philadelphia a few years back I had a chance to visit the Constitution Center. I found out that I hold the highest office in the land; Citizen. And as a citizen I want my beach to be free for use by other citizens. That use would include freedom to drive on the beach.
This freedom is in jepordy.
Using this beach is not a privledge, it is a right. I along with other citizens own this National Park!
There are already laws to govern when and where we can drive and those laws should be follwed and enforced.
As I stated I am an enviromentalist, but I believe that the National Audubon Society, Southern Eniromental Law Center and the Defenders of Wildlife are misguided in their efforts to ban beach driving.

Michael

Back to top Go down

Our Rights to National Parks

Post  jp on March 21st 2008, 3:14 pm

"The treasures in this system – the first of its kind in the world –have been set aside by the American people to preserve, protect, and share, the legacies of this land"

The above quote is from the National Park Service and " set aside by the American people" says it all. Cape Hatteras National Seashore belongs to the American People and limiting access to it is no different than saying well, you can walk to the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, but you can't go up, or you can visit Yosemite and drive through, but you can't hike the trails or enjoy the true beauty that lies deep within the park.

When does it end and where do we draw the line? These parks belong to the people and we cannot allow another agency to determine what " parts" of these national treasures they wish to allow us to see.

Any attempt to limit the use of a National Park is taking away the Freedom of the American People.

jp

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top