Your Opinions on Judges Ruling

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A good day??

Post  Frank Folb Jr on May 4th 2008, 12:52 am

I don't know. Yes the beaches are "open" . But the fact is Jim, Marcia, Madduck and the rest of their cronies are out there spotting every non existing bird they can spot and more and more closures will continue to pop up intil the best fishing spots on the east coast are closed.Have you been to Cape Point or Hatteras Inlet??Guess what?? You can't even get close to the rip at Hatteras inlet. There goes spanish mackeral fishing. Hope you don't hook a big cobia at false point and have him take you towards the inlet. You'll quickly enter a closure.

Yep, huge prenesting clusores every where. For what. ? A pair of oyster catchers, maybe A pair of plovers. Sorry but the build it they might come attitude sucks!!

I'm not happy at all with the agree,ent we were forced to sign. The Dept of the Interior should be ashamed for rolling over and showing their yellow bellies to these wackos.

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OPINION

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on May 2nd 2008, 7:29 am

THE PEOPLE I HAVE SEEN IN THE AREA HAVE BEEN POLICING THE AREA OVER THE YEARS. AND YES IT COULD HAVE BEEN CLOSED TO FISHERMENM, HOWEVER THE SIDELINED ENCROACHMENT OF THE AREA IS WHAT IS REALLY MADDENING. ALLOW SOME ACCESS HOWEVER ONE LITTLE INFRACTION AND THEY HAVE THE POWER TO TAKE MORE AT THEIR DISCREATION. NOTICE I SAY "THEY", "THEM", 8)WHAT POLICE, POLICE THE POLICE? OR THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE? I READ IN NPS REPORT FOR PLOVER LAST YEAR THAT ONE OF THEIR OWN DISTURBED A NEST AND THE CHICK DIED, BUT THAT WAS O.K. BECAUSE IT WAS IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE AND TRACKING?

Last edited by HYDRAFISH2 on May 2nd 2008, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ANOTHER THOUGHT TO ADD)
HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Closure area size

Post  MadMarv on May 1st 2008, 4:34 pm

This will give everyone an incentive to self-police the closures, as any disturbance will result in expansion of the closed areas. Now instead of just the eyes of the park service, there will be hundreds of eyes from the fishermen with an interest in keeping the closures as small as possible.

Face it, a bullet has been dodged. The whole thing could have been closed to fishermen. This is a good day, not a bad one.

MadMarv

Back to top Go down

JUDGE'S RULING

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on May 1st 2008, 12:39 pm

IF ANYTHING OR ANYONE (ORV, PEOPLE, AND THE LIKE) DISTURB ANY BIRD AREAS THEN THE AREA WILL BE EXPANDED (DEPENDING UPON THE DISTURBANCE) UNFORTUNATELY, THAT IS WHAT BOYLE HAS ENDORSED. READ HIS RECORD. READ THE AREAS ABOUT THE STATS ON PLOVERS AND THE TURTLES. SOMETHING LARGER IS GOING ON HERE. THIS IS WAY BEYOND PLOVERS AND TURTLES. Cool
HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Your Opinions on Judges Ruling

Post  Angel70 on May 1st 2008, 11:56 am

I for one have very mixed feelings. Part of me is glad that a total ban was not enforced, and for that I'm thankful. However, I have this overwhelming feeling like...something bad is about to happen Suspect . I can't really explain it, it's just this knot in my stomach that I can't seem to shake. My family and friends usually visit Frisco in June or July, and again in August. Won't that be smack dap in the middle of nesting season? From what I've been reading, it sounds as if a plover nest is spotted, a 1000 meter area will be roped off. If this nest is anywhere Cape Point, does that mean all (or at least most) access will be denied?

I don't know, I'm trying to see the positives here, but for some reason I just can't help seeing the negatives. It seems like an entire way of human life is being determined by a couple of birds. And there's something seriously wrong with that.
Angel70

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Opinions on Judges Ruling

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top