Consent Degree Closures have started!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BEACH CLOSINGS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on May 9th 2008, 8:12 am

YOUR OPINION IS WELL TAKEN, FISHINGS, HOWEVER THOSE THINGS YOU HAVE MENTIONED WERE HAPPENING EVEN BEFORE THE FINAL NEGS. PEOPLE I KNOW OUT OF STATE ARE UNSURE ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. Cool

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

beach access

Post  fishings on May 8th 2008, 10:47 am

After thinking about what has happened (closing the beach's best fishing areas) I believe that it would have been better to just totally close the beach. That way, it would have affected everyone here on the island as well as visitors (bird watchers, sunbathers, fishermen, people that just like to ride on the beach, campers, commercial fishermen etc.) This would have created havoc with all vacationers canceling their vacations instead of just people that like to fish. Many businesses would also be affected which would maybe get them involved with their pocketbooks and voice. This would have got a lot more attention then just closing it to fisherman which is essentially what has happened since it really only affects folks that like to catch fish . I'm not looking for an argument because I'm sure many will not agree but it was just my opinion. Have a good day.

fishings

Back to top Go down

Re: Consent Degree Closures have started!!

Post  FriscoGirl on May 7th 2008, 10:39 pm

I googled FOIA request samples and came up with loads. Can email some in word if it would help. Just PM your email - or google it yourself.

FriscoGirl

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THANKS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on May 7th 2008, 9:57 pm

THANKS FRISCO, HUBBY AND I ARE GETTING OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO BOMBARD THEIR PHONES AND REQUEST THE TRANSCRIPTS THROUGH FOIA. SHOULD BE VERY INFORMATIVE AND IRRITATING. Cool

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FriscoGirl on May 7th 2008, 8:13 pm

That is because a number of fisherfolks on the forums at www.reddrumtackle.com got together to try to blitz the media.

They have also suggested a calling, emailing, letter writing and FOIA Request campaign. All the names, addresses and other info are there. If they get enough FOIA requests, the gov't attorneys will get in the act in a serious way and try to fix it. They hate FOIAs.

Frank - I am willing to draft one for the OBPA that you can edit. Just send a PM with your email. Do you use MS Word? If not, I have other programs or can paste it in the body of the email.

See the posts for details. Most are in the RDT's Main Forum. You only have to register to post.

FriscoGirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

IN OUR LOCAL NEWS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on May 7th 2008, 7:53 am

HEY FOLKS THEY FINALLY SHOWED THE CLOSING OF ACCESS TO THE BEACHES HERE IN OUR LOCAL NEWS IN RICHMOND, VA. ON NBC CHANNEL 12 LOCAL. VERY BRIEF NEWS FEED WITH NOT MUCH REALLY SAID EXCEPT THAT AREAS WERE CLOSED AND THE LOCALS ARE FIGHTING IT ABOUT ACCESS. THIS SHOWED AT ABOUT 11:15PM LAST NIGHT. I HAD FALLEN ASLEEP AND MY HUBBY SHOOK ME AWAKE TO WATCH IT. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by HYDRAFISH2 on May 7th 2008, 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : SPELLING ERROR/ADDED LOCAL CHANNEL NUMBER)

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FriscoGirl on May 6th 2008, 1:44 am

you can drive on "selected beaches" (at least for NOW). But they will be SO incredibly crowded.

Call/write/email your state and federal congress people - they can pass a law allowing access under the interim plan until reg/neg is completed. Yellowstone did this with snowmobiles.

SELC, AS and DOW appear to be dragging their feet since they got what they wanted with the consent decree. They are not willing to negotiate. BUT if the interim rules were reinstated - they would have to come to the table.

By the way - WHY are they STILL at the table. They agreed not to pursue litigation during the negotiations, and they left the meeting to run to the courthouse to file this suit. OBVIOUSLY NOT IN GOOD FAITH. OBVIOUSLY IN DIRECT CONTRAVENENTION of the negotiating agreement.

AS has been hemoraging members and $$ donations in recent times. From my understanding from a number of articles, they

FriscoGirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beach Closures

Post  Summer B on May 5th 2008, 10:23 pm

We'll be down in May - hard to believe we can't drive on the beach. This is so incredibly sad. I'm stunned this could happen in the USA. I've been doing the plea casts, writing to elected officials and Toyota. Is there anyway to find out what other corporations support the NAS? I certainly don't want to buy from anyone who is part of this tragedy.

Summer B

Back to top Go down

I'm in shock

Post  Angel70 on May 5th 2008, 8:49 pm

I just can't believe it! Even though we all knew it was coming, I still just can't wrap my brain around the fact that they're really doing this.

I feel like I just lost my favorite place on Earth. Crying or Very sad

Angel70

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FriscoGirl on May 5th 2008, 6:00 pm

I understand that the NPS has found a tern trying to nest near the Point. Do not know what caused the Oregon Inlet and South Point Ocracoke to close.

FriscoGirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Consent Degree Closures have started!!

Post  FriscoGirl on May 5th 2008, 5:58 pm

According to Bob Eakes of Red Drum Tackle, Cyndy Holda of the NPS advised him that Oregon Inlet, Cape Point, and South Point at Ocracoke were all closed this afternoon.

FriscoGirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:38 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top