Original ORV Plan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

they cant close oregon inlet or coralla beach to 4x4

Post  mmgsxr00 on May 26th 2008, 10:57 am

hey i know its fun for everyone! my situation is a little different though my daughter is 9 now and for the last 4 years weve been bringing her down to nags head for one reason and that is the 4x4 access to the beach. the typical child can walk two three even four blocks to get to the beach, she cant. she was born premature and has quite a few issues cp being the most disabling. she is wheelchair bound so us being able to drive on the beach find a place to park then unload almost an entire back end of an 87' suburban is GREAT. there is no way we could carry all the stuff we need for her even if we were just acroos beach road. so please do not take away this great place we have. anyone reading this that may feel it could or should be reposted somewhere else please fell free. mike m.

mmgsxr00

Back to top Go down

if this is true

Post  soutside on May 25th 2008, 6:59 am

I have the paper work in my briefcase showing how true it is!! Now about the lawsuit.$$$$$ Start gathering the$$ and lets get er done!! Preaching to the choir has little effect. Call, write and email any and everyone in the DC Capitol Hill area and tell them how you feel!!

Go get em, you have the right idea.

I write about 4 e mails a week and call when I need to. I figure that's the least I can do.

Who to send the money to? I send about 15- 20 dollars to OBPA every pay period (2 weeks) that's a few drinks at a bar some where. Fighting for this is more important.

soutside

Back to top Go down

DEED

Post  Frank Folb Jr on May 24th 2008, 7:23 pm

No, what your husband is talking about is the original legislation that formed the park.
The 1978 ORV management plan was worked out between user groups and NPS just to settle the original attack by Enviro wackos. It was lost in the mail so to speak.

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New NPS vehicles

Post  Guest on May 24th 2008, 9:42 am

The NPS currently has detailed a bunch of staff from other parks to enforce the consent decree. They bring their own vehicles with them, thus all the new vehicles.

Back to top Go down

deed

Post  hatteras on May 24th 2008, 9:23 am

My husband was wondering, isn't the original plan between the locals and NPS more or less a deed. He says it is and only the parties involved could change it. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this. Also, I have been writing to everyone I can think of and I get the same response from them all, if any at all. It is like a generic message thanking me for contacting them; they are aware of the situation; and then a run down on what is going on. (as if I didn't already know~?) No one has acted as if they were going to get involved. It is very frustrating! Is there anyway we can get a large media company, pref. on TV to do a big story on what is going on. It seems like it would be appealing to them. We have so much to fight for! Not only for our rights on the beach but our need for a new bridge! It is as if everyone has turned their head on us down here! Also, while I am thinking of it: I was wondering why can't they build a bridge that follows the same path as the road that is there now? Not just the hot spots. Then nature can do its thing and we can have a safe way on and off the island without disturbing what these special interest groups and environmentalists are afraid of. Seems it would be a win win situation. Just a thought! And OH! has anyone heard that the national guard was in Ocracoke in case of any riots on the beach closure issues. We didn't know if it was just a rumor. Also, my husband said the NPS has some new bling bling cars now cruising around. what is up with that?! Do you all really believe they are on our side? I can't help but wonder. But then I am a "transy" and have only been here for about 11 years and I don't have a true knowledge of what the NPS has been doing to the locals. But from what I have read and have been told, it wouldn't seem they really care about the locals and that the settlement is just getting what they have all wanted for years, NPS included! But am I reading way too much into it and have my facts mixed up?

hatteras

Back to top Go down

"If this true"

Post  Frank Folb Jr on May 24th 2008, 8:47 am

I have the paper work in my briefcase showing how true it is!! Now about the lawsuit.$$$$$ Start gathering the$$ and lets get er done!! Preaching to the choir has little effect. Call, write and email any and everyone in the DC Capitol Hill area and tell them how you feel!!

Go get em, you have the right idea.

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Original ORV Plan

Post  Southsid on May 23rd 2008, 3:41 pm

From Frank and Frans Forum posted by Frank:

In 1978 NPS Manteo and OBPA shock hands after hearings, comments and much effort sent the 1978 Draft Plan approved by NPS to NPS Regional office in Atlanta for their approval and forwarding to NPS,DOI in DC for final approval, sign off and placement in the Federal Register. Somewhere between Atlanta and DC it was lost, cubbyholed, trashed or whatever but was never completed. The problem went away and those of us on the ground here still alive never knew it was never instituted because NPS Manteo was operating under the draft plan and it's later updates.
Sometime in the 1990's these environmental special interest groups found out and began pressuring for a new plan.

If this is true shouldn't this original set of rules be the actual law? I'm not a lawyer, but it seems that everyone involved, including the NPS agreed in good faith to this new set of rules, which is a contract. There have been many other contracts enforced over much less.

Maybee there could be a suit to enforce the 1978 plan. If so, then all this bullsh*t that is in effect now would be pretty much null and void wouldn't it??

Southsid

Back to top Go down

Re: Original ORV Plan

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top