Bill introduced 4 orv use today

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cantor

Post  MadMarv on July 17th 2008, 2:41 pm

Actually, Cantor has signed on as co sponsor along with several other VA Congressmen, but so far no VA democrats (just dems from NC). I'm hoping this doesn't become a party thing.

MadMarv

Back to top Go down

Re: Bill introduced 4 orv use today

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on July 11th 2008, 10:58 am

haven't heard back from cantor in my district yet, but will assume a pat answer. unbelievable that they cannot agree or get anything done on the hill in congress or the house yet they send out pat answer letters to real concerns. what are they doing there? just standing in the chambers looking at each other? Cool

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Webb

Post  MadMarv on July 10th 2008, 12:39 pm

Yea, we got the Webb letter too. Didn't say anything or commit to anything, but at least it was on the correct subject, unlike the Warner letter. Sounds like the only way this legislation in going to go through will be for the interested economic parties to get 50 or 100K together and hire some good lobbyists.

Anyone wonder why congress's approval rating is only 9%?

MadMarv

Back to top Go down

My letter from Jim Webb

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on July 8th 2008, 8:32 am

Mad, we got our response form Webb over the weekend. Pat answer letter to a serious concern. Again it comes down to what these reps will do after they are elected. This situation is more than access it is an infringement on our American rights as individuals. We right and continue to, but a lot of folks because gas, the economy, and the war tend to pay attention more to those things, and in a sense that is as it should be however a lot of folks don't realize it all ties into together. The high gas prices are due to the fact we cannot drill in our own back yard, that in turn causes people not to travel as much, and use vehicles they really want to drive instead of having to buy prius's to afford to go to work. These groups are dictating policy to our reps and the people of America are totally clueless. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that my family enjoys the access to Hatteras and Ocracoke we probably would not be interested in the happenings there or elsewhere. This situation affects my whole family because they all go and enjoy the seashore. It makes ya mad to know that these special interest groups have this much power. My newphew is getting ready friday of this week to go back to Iraq and serve his country. I have two sons that have served in this war for people across the sea and yet our own government through the courts has denied us and them access to our national park. pirat

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Letter from Sen Warner

Post  MadMarv on July 3rd 2008, 12:31 pm

Very depressing. I wrote to support the senate bill (which is still "in committee") and received this form letter reply from Warner. Sounds like they didn't even read the letter, as it had nothing to do with "climate change". I wrote again, and told them I hoped this time they would actually respond to the correct issue!
And I thought he was one of the "good ones".

"Thank you for contacting my office regarding the issue of
global climate change. I always appreciate hearing from my fellow
Virginians on matters of such importance.

The many complex issues surrounding global climate change
have been and will continue to be actively debated in the Senate. For
example, this Congressional session, I have attended over two dozen
Congressional hearings on the issue and heard testimony from over 75
experts on the subject. Moreover, I have met with representatives from a
wide array of interests, including members of the environmental
community, representatives from affected industries, small business
owners, and concerned citizens.

It is my view that any federal program that addresses global
climate change must allow for an economy-wide approach that incorporates
market-based flexibility, provides for a measure of federal investment
in new technologies, includes cost-containment mechanisms, has
environmental integrity, and ensures international participation by
developed and developing nations.

On October 18, 2007, I joined my colleague, Senator Joe
Lieberman (I-CT), to introduce bipartisan climate change legislation
that embodies those principles. Originally known as America's Climate
Security Act (S.2191), Senator Lieberman and I worked hard to move this
important legislation through the Senate Committee on Environment and
Public Works, of which we are both members, and we were pleased to see
it reported favorably out of Committee on December 5th. This critical
legislation was debated before the full Senate, but failed to come to a
final vote. This bill has opened a Senate dialogue on an issue vital to
America's future and I look forward to seeing it debated and a program
to reduce greenhouse gas emissions enacted in the near future.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your comments on global
climate change legislation with me.

With kind regards, I am
Sincerely

John W.Warner

MadMarv

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueWaterRunner on June 13th 2008, 8:54 am

E-mail sent to Brad Miller, D of the 13th District. Hopefully he will not side with the enviros like he usually does.

BlueWaterRunner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-13

View user profile http://www.seaproboatowners.com

Back to top Go down

Links to Senate and House

Post  MadMarv on June 12th 2008, 6:40 pm

Why does this site delete links???

I'll try again - the Senate addresses are at senate.gov and the House of Representatives at house.gov . you can add the www to these or not, they will work, at least in Firefox.

MadMarv

Back to top Go down

Another letter

Post  MadMarv on June 12th 2008, 6:36 pm

I sent the following to my Senators and to my Congressman in Virginia (with appropriate changes for the House version HR 6233, introduced by Rep. Walter Jones). I also suggest a line to any Democrats (such as Jim Webb) about the importance of bipartisan support for the bill, so it doesn't become a partisan issue. Unfortunately, Audubon and DOW will probably get their members to swamp their own representatives in opposition.

I strongly urge those of you who want to reinstate the NPS interim plan to email now to your senators and representatives. They can be found at and .

"Thank you for your response to my earlier message regarding ORV access to popular fishing spots on the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

The consent agreement signed by the NPS and the Defenders of Wildlife and the Audubon Society, which was essentially a take it or leave it proposition, has now resulted in the complete closure of one of the most popular surf fishing areas on the Outer Banks, Cape Point. As of yesterday, even pedestrian access was prohibited, to protect the foraging of a single Piping Plover chick. The NPS interim management plan previously in place would have prevented this total closure, while still protecting the birds. The negotiating rule-making process that will lead to a final plan in two or three years is continuing, with all interest groups represented.

Senators Dole and Burr of North Carolina have introduced a bill S 3113 to negate the coerced consent agreement and reinstate the NPS interim plan.

This bill which is important to many vacationers and Outer Banks property owners from Virginia would certainly benefit from your support. I would therefore ask that you sign on as a co-sponsor, and strongly support this bill.

Thank you."

MadMarv

Back to top Go down

House bill is HR 6233

Post  MarkV_De on June 11th 2008, 10:13 pm

House bill is HR 6233
Thought I might post some ramblings to help others understand and compose thier own letter.

Greetings Senator XXXXXX

House bill is HR 6233
Senate Bill is S. 3113

I am writing in hopes that you will please vote for a bill that will soon be before you. It concerns access to small enclaves that until now, were open to fishermen driving within specific designated areas of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Most of the beach is, and has been restricted for many years; only these comparatively small areas remain set aside for “ORV” use.

I’m certain that I speak for every avid fisherman in saying that the access to these areas has never been more in doubt than now. We respect the wildlife we share this beach with, and do the utmost to keep it clean. We have helped preserve the only spots left for us to freely drive to for surf fishing access. Personally I have only used ORV access at Oregon Inlet once, but feel strongly about public access to these last remaining “Free Access” fishing locations.

The Audubon Society and Friends of Wildlife essentially implemented the decree this bill addresses. This decree was implemented without concern for the people of the area, and without input from local people or jurisdictions other than a judge. I have read much information about the justification for the decree, and find very little qualified scientific proof for any of it. The main subject of the decree (Piping Plover) is not an endangered species. The areas being restricted are consistently washed over during normal storms making them unstable and unsuitable for nesting. (The reason there are so few nesting in these areas.)

Please vote for this bill and restore a greatly loved liberty. We promise we will share the beach and cherish it just as we have for decades. Please do not let these special interest groups force their values upon these small remaining areas, so they may no longer be shared.

Respectfully

MarkV_De

Back to top Go down

Bill introduced 4 orv use today

Post  orv4me on June 11th 2008, 8:12 pm

Go to Frank and Fran's website for the latest about this bill introduced today. If passed it will throw out the consent decree and implement the interm plan the park service had in place before all of the eco nazi's got in a huff. Call your senators and congressmen and women to vote yes for this measure. Frank has the bill numbers for the vote. This is a great day for orv access!!!!

orv4me

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top