Bravo to State Reps and local officials for saving wildlife

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bravo to State Reps and local officials for saving wildlife

Post  Frank Jr on August 7th 2008, 5:41 am

LMAO

Thanks for that post and address. That's how I like to start my day!! Laughing!!!

Frank Folb Jr

Frank Jr

Back to top Go down

The Planet is Fine-George Carlin

Post  OBrowser on August 6th 2008, 4:38 pm

Sorry about that first post. It's my first time here and I didn't know the site wouldn't post web links. Try this one at YouTube. It's for SurfRLo and others who worry about man's impact on nature ... see the late George Carlin's take "The Planet is Fine" at youtube.com/watch?v=arbpu1xKAow .... you'll have to place the www in front of the address

be prepared for salty language so if you have kids nearby, wait until they're not able to overhear ol' George

OBrowser

Back to top Go down

The planet is fine -- George Carlin

Post  OBrowser on August 6th 2008, 4:18 pm

For SurfRLo and others who worry about man's impact on nature ... see the late George Carlin's take "The Planet is Fine" at

be prepared for salty language so if you have kids nearby, wait until they're not able to overhear ol' George

OBrowser

Back to top Go down

There is no parking for all that want to come

Post  FriscoGirl on July 11th 2008, 10:57 am

Talk to all those people at Ramp 49 that got $150 tickets for parking.

FriscoGirl

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Folb Jr on July 11th 2008, 9:33 am

BS!!!

surferlo you aren't even close, stevem you agauin show your OBX and stupidity.
plenty of parking and the beaches are open?? where?? 20 miles out of 73 and NONE of it where you can catch a red drum or a spanish mackeral. And od oh by the way thats linear miles. in reality there are 100's of square miles closed, 100's of acres closed!! FOR WHAT??A total of 6 pairs of NON ENDANGERED birds!! You 2 idiots should go live on portsmouth island with the greenheads and the mosquitos.

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stevenM on July 11th 2008, 8:13 am

Bravo to You SurferLo.
The beach closures have been going on for many years including at Cape Point.
There are many miles of accessable beach. Some of the best are foot access only. There is plenty of parking everywhere. The beaches are open for driving. It has been quieter this year which is a blessing for our communities. The abuse and overuse of previous years have brought us to where we are. Preserve our heritage.

stevenM

Back to top Go down

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on July 11th 2008, 12:14 am

surfrlo,
the government has been protecting the wildlife on hatteras and in other areas of the us for years. what is at issue here is ACCESS for all the humans the vehicles the people walking. with the lawsuit what has happened is the fact of the decision for the enclosure areas was taken away from the government namely the nps through our own court system from special interest groups suing to close ALL ACCESS FROM EVERYONE. the special interest groups are using our own courts systems to enforce their beliefs onto the american people. this is done without valid science and peer review. it should cause you concern to know that this can happen in the us. the nps interim plan was working as it was implemented in the seventies. read irene's editorial about the whole situation on island free press to see what i am talking about. the people that have been living and visiting the outer banks for years are the best keepers of the seashore. more apt to keep people in line to not disturb areas that are accomodating the wildlife. we take trash off the beach sometimes more than what we produce. let people know where they can and cannot go. respect the rangers and other visitors, and enjoy the park in general. i have a problem though with someone with deep pockets stating they know what is exactly best for a large group of people without the democratic process being used. using money and lawyers to impose your views on someone else is sneaky and a back door tactic that smacks of a dictatorship instead of democracy. read some more posts, it is not actually about the birds or preserving the wildlife, it is about american rights and how ALL SPECIAL INTERESTS use our own system against the people and the people end up paying for it. do research and come to your own conclusions, but do the research first. some of the science behind as and dow were based on weak science and was not peer reviewed by other scientists. no documentation from the organizations has been presented by these organizations to state where these studies were performed and by what criteria and controls. it is not about the gas either, because most people who love an area or place or whatever will spend what ever it takes to go there, in the end it all costs money. Cool
HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

get the sand out of your ears!!

Post  orv4me on July 10th 2008, 5:32 pm

Your points about the beach are totally wrong. The Park Service did a great job under the interm plan to protect birds and turtles that were nesting. The lawsuit that was brought about by the eco-nazis is all about pushing their small minority agenda on larger population who do not share the opinion. I don't beleive that helping the enviroment is a bad thing and I am sure they have done wonders helping animals. My family loves the Outer Banks and would do nothing to harm the beach or animals. People enjoy the beaches in many ways, and this conscent decree is a joke. If you want to watch birds, fish, or sunbathe you can't do this under this order. I'm sure you will say there are miles and miles open for access, just try and park to get there. What ever happened to the pursuit of happiness?

orv4me

Back to top Go down

Bravo to State Reps and local officials for saving wildlife

Post  SurferLo on July 10th 2008, 10:23 am

Driving down route 12 in Salvo, Avon, Buxton and Hatteras I cant help but notice all the signs posted in the yards of locals crying for "their" beaches back. Written haphazardly in spray paint with bad punctuation and crooked lettering, you can't sense the disgust in the person's tense handwriting. I wonder if it's just the fact of the matter? The fact that anything taken away from you would cause the same reaction. You want "your" beaches back to drive your big-tired, 10 mile per gallon SUV's onto where wildlife is trying to reproduce and live without the nuisance of humans and trash. Businesses are down. Rentals are down. Restaurants aren't nearly as busy. There's no money here. No money to send kids to college. Well, welcome to the United States of America people. This country is in a recession. No one has any money. Closed beaches are not causing people to come here any less, our economy is. God forbid some environmentalist step in to preserve the beautiful beaches which are being consumed by gas guzzling SUV's and commercial properties. Wasn't it these amazing beaches full of wildlife that drew people here in the first place? These beaches do not belong to you. They belong to the fish and wildlife that have actually taken care of this land for thousands and thousands of years. I have yet to visit a beach that's even close to being crowded anywhere with the exception of the extremely commercialized northern outer banks. If anything, I'd be fighting to preserve these beaches and keep out the large crowds and big chain restaurants. Remember, it is you who choose to live on an isolated sand bar in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. When the rest of the country is hurting, you will hurt worse. Don't blame turtles and birds for the faults of the American economy and Presidential and government decisions. Instead, think of ways to keep "your" beaches clean to promote more tourism. Beautiful, clean and quiet beaches of always been the attraction for my family and friends. This is the reason we come year after year. Please, for the sake and livelihood of you and your children, take care of your beaches. Support the preservation of the wildlife that has given such beauty to this area.

~If all the people in this world, in which we live, were as selfish as a few of the people in this world, in which we live, there would be no world in which to live.

SurferLo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top