Current ORV limitations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

grow up

Post  mabell on May 30th 2009, 1:43 pm

What is wrong with you people! You all act like a bunch of spoiled brats who can't have their own way! You have 56 miles of beach to play on, ride on , fish on and the like. So what if a couple of miles is closed off! You know, people don't start bitching about something until its gone and before you start yelling at the National Park service, talk to the National Audobon Society who started this!!! They are the ones who went to court and if it wasn't for the Park Service, none of you would be able to take your vehicles on the beach, nor fish, nor walk, now swim! So put the blame where it belongs!
Also, you want CH to become another Jersey shore?! Let me tell you, with all of their high priced condos and motels, beach access is limited. They charge you to go on the beach and there is NOWAY you can drive a vehicle, nor take your dogs! So stop your bitching over some birds who are there for only a little while and GROW UP!!

mabell

Back to top Go down

PLOVERS

Post  jimconli on May 15th 2009, 11:38 am

If these birds were to become extinct, would we be allowed to drive wherever we want to again? God willing, maybe they will all go the way of the carrier pigeon.

Cut my Hatteras trip to one week this year - might be the last time, but hope not

jimconli

Back to top Go down

Plover Sandwiches

Post  joe schm on April 22nd 2009, 4:21 pm

Hey coolmtnm why would you drive hundreds of miles to look at birds? Do something useful with your life and stop interfering with other people's freedoms. Plovers? Fried please, with mustard!

joe schm

Back to top Go down

Re: Current ORV limitations

Post  TC on November 16th 2008, 8:24 pm

coolmtnm, while I don't know who might have yelled what, there are problem people on all sides of this issue. I think the point is that we have just as much right to drive the beach and fish as you have to watch birds. The problem is that the self-proclaimed "environmentalists" don't recognize the rights of others or any opinion that differs from their own. These carpetbaggers that come into town and impose their will on the people who love and care for this beach are the real problem.

TC

Back to top Go down

beach access

Post  coolmtnm on November 15th 2008, 2:31 pm

I'm from Va. and I just attended the Wings Over Water Brid festival.

I spent $400 on a hotel room and ate out every night and visited local stores and bought souveneirs.

When our group was walking the beach on a field trip some drove by and yelled at us simple because we were birdwatching.

We only saw one Piping Plover when we should have seen flocks of them.

90% of the big fish are now gone from our oceans and all six sea turtles are endangered or threatened.

I think the pro beach access crowd is acting like a bunch of juvenile minded adults on this issue.

If you people visit the state of Va. I am going to yell something at you. Why should I spend my money in Nc just to get yelled at and drive all that way just to see one Piping Plover?

coolmtnm

Back to top Go down

Re: Current Limitations

Post  LT on September 2nd 2008, 11:09 am

Catch any fish? Yes sir I smoked the flounders caught 13 all over 12 in. only 3 keepers though but thats fine with me, a couple of spot even got a 14in. spanish mac on a flounder bottom rig as I was working it back to shore, yes I said a bottom rig, 2 Black bass & 2 sheeps. What a difference location makes. I worked the dust rite out of my Shimono f/x 7ft single pcs Tica and loved every God given minute of it from under that bridge!!!!. I know you were on that horn Frank trust me you weren't alone I must have heard thirty horns that day.Thats why I love to call this my home. Hope you had the same kind of luck this weekend . Wishing you unobstructed access to our waters like our fore- fathers enjoyed. Fish-On!!!

LT

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Jr on August 30th 2008, 8:36 am

Yep, I blew the horn at you as I crossed the bridge yesterday afternoon around 2. That was a beautiful site seeing vehicles back on the beach at OI. Did ya catch any fish??

Frank Jr

Back to top Go down

RE:ORV LIMITATIONS

Post  LT on August 29th 2008, 9:09 pm

NPS has now opeaned ramp 4 south. I was there today fishing the channel and under the bridge. So the Oregon Inlet ramp is opean north and south except the normal closed area thats been roped off for years on the spit. Saw nothing but seagulls in the roped off area. DOW and AS were nowhere in sight checking on those endangered species. So I guess those animal loving folks were all at the DNC.

LT

Back to top Go down

RE:ORV Limitations

Post  LT on August 16th 2008, 2:52 pm

Thanks for trying, I have too. Like I said no one in authority during this whole bunch of crap. NPS is probably so happy and content over the amount of rerstricted land controll they have now that nobody is counting crap anymore untill the surrounding community is up in arms about lost revenues and the eco nazis start getting a rough time around town. Then low and behold all the birds have fledged strange isnt it?

LT

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Jr on August 15th 2008, 9:51 pm

Well Dad says he thinks it is a couple of least terns or however you spell their name, at Oregon Inlet. Others think it is just NPS BS. I called Mike Murray's office and no one was available to take my call.

Frank Jr

Back to top Go down

Good Question!!

Post  Frank Jr on August 15th 2008, 2:12 pm

What is the hold up on that end?? I'll make some calls and post more this evening.

Frank Jr

Back to top Go down

RE: ORV LIMITATIONS

Post  LT on August 15th 2008, 12:44 pm

Frank maybe you can beat on the hornet's nest for me and see when NPS plans on opeaning (or do we ask DOW & AS) Oregon inlet's ramp south. Or is this just part of the land swap deal NPS has worked out with the AS. I have not heard of a single bird or turtle count in their 60 or so confiscated acers of ORV area. Whats fledged?, When did they or will they fledge? Who's counting what (scientificly or not)?, What are their credentials?. I don't know if anybody else has a problem with this but it seems to me that in this country when your rights are taken away without commiting a crime there's usually someone in authority to tell you why at the very least. Its really easy for me to put up a fence around my yard posted with no tresspassing signs and declare I now have 50 piping plover nest and 20 turtle nests and that I might talk to you again whenever. Come on Mike Murphy enough with the slight of hand tricks. What government is it he works for again?
So dont forget your ORV brethrien to the north Frank and thanks for this site and all your hard work you and yours have done for all of us that use and respect natures offerings

LT

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Jr on August 14th 2008, 9:05 am

Go to hatteras-island.com and read through some of the back dated posts on Mom and Dad's Oct drum tournamentand the latest access report is there as well. Most of Cape point was reopened as well as Hatteras inlet BUT we have turtle nests that should be hatching soon and this could hamper access. Last week Ocracoke inlet was reopened and some how the amazing Mad Duck spotted a unfledged chick and had some parts reclosed but from what I have heard he did not get his way and there is a corridor to south point.

We have a LOT of work ahead of us and we are fighting a group with unlimited resources, BUT we will continue to fight for our access rights.

Frank Folb Jr

Frank Jr

Back to top Go down

Current ORV limitations

Post  Bonnie&a on August 13th 2008, 9:09 pm

We used to travel to the OBX (Avon and south) every other weekend. As more people found out about the OBX, we saw an increase in abuse of this pristine fishing environment. Albeit, we all have different ways of enjoying ourselves, it seems to me that the influx in tourism has been detrimental to our freedom to enjoy the OBX. We see more and more trash, we encounter more and more attitude and more specifically, we see more and more restrictions. We have not been down since the April fishing tourney and it is absolutely killing us! We are avid supporters of the NCBBA and OBPA and always try to do our part. Although money has been tight this year, we always try to respect the beach, the wildlife and the island as a whole.

I have followed much of the litigation up until late June. After reading many messages on this board, I am curious, what access is available at this point? The latest access info was a bit dated. I did hear that you can't be on the beach after 10 PM...Is this going to hold true for the fishing tourney in Oct? Do we anticipate any luck in preserving our ORV rights?

Bonnie&a

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top