does anyone really care about the birds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Agree catz no gud

Post  Rover on April 2nd 2008, 7:16 pm

U rite. Catz no gud. Dogz much better. Catz bad, kill birdz. Dogz only chase birdz - help them excasize so they in shape to run frum catz. Dogs no have pashunts to wait to kill bird like catz. Many places loose gud birdz to bad catz. Dogz no like to roam - like to be with masta. Catz lonerz like cereal killerz.

Who's a gud boy.

Twisted Evil

Rover

Back to top Go down

Warren Judge comments on ORV law suit

Post  kfoster on April 2nd 2008, 11:32 am

it wont let me do a direct link but if you go to utube and cut and paste this subject in you will see it.

"Warren Judge comments on ORV law suit"

kfoster

Back to top Go down

Post  kfoster on April 2nd 2008, 11:31 am

kfoster

Back to top Go down

to steve

Post  jeremy on April 1st 2008, 10:39 pm

Can you say P--A--R--K NOW try to sound it out, this park belongs to the people.It was givin to the feds by north carolina .The moto of the dept of the interior is PROTECT AND PROVIDE ACCESS TOO

jeremy

Back to top Go down

Re: does anyone really care about the birds?

Post  steve on March 30th 2008, 9:43 am

The issue in the courts has nothing to do with birds. It is due to a lck of a plan for driving. However, in 1952 a Presidential plan was establised to keep the Park beaches open to island residents. The plan did not give visitors the same right

steve

Back to top Go down

even on the audubon's own website..

Post  blined on March 30th 2008, 12:12 am

even on the audubon's own website..

Feral and free-ranging cats kill millions of native birds and other small animals annually;

The American Ornithologists' Union, American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians, International Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians, Inc., and the Cooper Ornithological Society have concluded that feral, homeless, lost, abandoned, or free-ranging domestic cats are proven to have serious negative impacts on bird populations, and have contributed to the decline of many bird species.

Audubon will also work with scientific, conservation, and animal welfare communities to educate the public about the dangers that feral and free-roaming cats pose to birds and other native wildlife. It will also work on this issue with federal wildlife agencies, public health organizations, and legislative bodies as it decides are appropriate.

blined

Back to top Go down

does anyone really care about the birds?

Post  blinded on March 30th 2008, 12:09 am

seems to me that the nesting plovers are just being used as a reason by the enviro's to close the beach. If they really cared about the birds they would be talking about the HUGE feral cat population on Hatteras Island and trying to do something about it. Fixing this problem would gain so much more for the birds ability to survive than stopping beach driving. I've seen a number of feral cats in and around the lighthouse grounds just 100 yards from the dunes. The guys with the lawsuit make claims with "scientific data" showing decline in bird populations. well that may be true.. but what exactly is causing the decline? any science to show this? no just guesses.."beach driving" and its easy for them to use this fact for their purposes. ( I gain weight everytime I open the fridge.. must be the fridges fault..I guess I'll sue Maytag.)

blinded

Back to top Go down

Re: does anyone really care about the birds?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top