Abust of Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abust of Forum

Post  Ghost Cr on April 7th 2008, 6:47 pm

Thanks anamosit, for sharing what you know. I kind of suspected it was someone like that.

Ghost Cr

Back to top Go down

Agree

Post  MadMarv on April 7th 2008, 5:43 pm

Frank,

On that I agree entirely. It also puts them in the driver's seat (no pun intended) on the temporary rules, as the judge apparently said on Friday that he had been ready to grant the injunction.

MadMarv

Back to top Go down

Unfortunately

Post  Frank Folb Jr on April 7th 2008, 5:07 pm

MADMARV

We have sat down to the NegReg table with the eco wacko side and they are unable to sit in good faith and work towards a solution. That is why they have gone to a Judge who is on their side and filed this injunction.
How do we sit and deal with folks like that?? I don't see it being possible. We have tried and must continue to try but it is real hard when they have pulled the stunts they have pulled.

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  anamosit on April 7th 2008, 4:11 pm

i feel compelled to share some inside info w/ you guys; the main ppl posting unsubstantiated threats & name calling on this forum, i personally know to be heavy drinkers. in real life, they appear to suffer from some degree of anti-social personality disorder/paranoia.

don't get me wrong: i have no problem w/ heavy drinking or being anti-social.

but, when these types begin to circle the wagons via the internet (where most won't know their quirks), it should be noted. w/ frontal lobes safely disenguaged, they aren't psychologically able to consider any facts, statistics, or opinions, other than their own. w/ limited options, they lash out... and desperately do anything to perpetuate their horse-hockey agenda.

anamosit

Back to top Go down

OBX posters

Post  MadMarv on April 4th 2008, 1:25 pm

Any time I ever read any internet forums in the Outer Banks they seem to be dominated by these people. They seem to think they can make their points by mindless insults, name calling, and inflammatory comments. Unfortunately this tends to bring the discourse down to their level and these forums turn into "flame wars".

The environmental and economic subtleties of an ORV ban deserve a much more intelligent discussion. What these people don't seem to realize is that when people of good will work together, it is often possible to come up with "win-win" solutions if each tries to see things from the other person's point of view. This goes for the SELC, the OBPA, the NPS and all the other organizations that have an interest. That is why the rule making negotiations in progress are a positive step, and an injunction at this point would be a strong over-reaction. Let's hope the judge agrees.

MadMarv

Back to top Go down

Abust of Forum

Post  Ghost Cr on April 4th 2008, 1:14 pm

Someone who disagrees with my opinion on beach driving has been abusing the forum by logging in under MY user name, Ghostcr & Ghost Cr, to make outrageous comments and inmature comments. It's a shame that this person stoops to this level to harass someone with another opinion. I'm ashamed there is someone like him/her down here.

Ghost Cr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top