Letter i recieved from Attorney with Defender of Wildlife

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Letter i recieved from Attorney with Defender of Wildlife

Post  FleetSox on April 7th 2008, 10:35 am

All i can say is these societies lie, and i applaud anyone else who has said it. 2200 is excessive, and the only type of bird i have ever seen on the beach is seagulls, and that's not even what they're trying to save. dont let them mainpulate you. if you live in a city, going to Hatteras is like an alien world. Amazing. If you agree with these, people, let me tell you; they're brain washing society into believing an animal is more important than you. that isn't just wrong, it's demeaning to anyone who lives or vacations there, because Hatteras has the nicest beaches on the east coast. Hatteras isn't being ruined by people. it could be taken better care of, but it is not being ruined. these treehuggers are the ones who are ruining it. its not a crime to drive an ORV on the beach.

FleetSox

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

12 % beach closure

Post  gordo on April 6th 2008, 7:26 pm

12 % now ,88 % latter.the federal income tax was only temporary.

gordo

Back to top Go down

GREAT POINTS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 6th 2008, 5:01 pm

GREAT POINTS ALAN. THE MORE THIS IS BROUGHT TO THE AWARENESS OF THE PUBLIC THE BETTER. WE LIVE IN VA AND TAKE VACATION EVERY YEAR IN AUGUST TO ENJOY THE AREA. WE GO TO OCRACOKE. THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER FAMILY FRIENDS WITH THEIR OWN FAMILIES THAT ALSO RENT THERE AND ARE DOWN THE WEEK WE ARE. WE COME DOWN AT LEAST FOUR OR FIVE TIMES A YEAR BESIDES VACATION WEEK. SAME WEEK EVERY YEAR FOR ALMOST TEN YEARS. MY BOYS HAVE ENJOYED THE AREA AND WE HAVE FIVE PLUS A NEW GRANDSON THAT WE BROUGHT DOWN FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST YEAR. THE JOY ON HIS FACE WHILE PUTTING HIS LITTLE FEET IN THE SAND FOR THE FIRST TIME WAS PRICELESS. SWIMMING WITH HIS DAD AND GRND PA WAS A MEMORY THAT I WILL CHERISH FOREVER. AND THESE ARE THE TRUE THINGS THAT MATTER TO OUTTA STATERS AND THE LOCALS ALIKE. I'M JUST SAYIN' Cool

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beach closings

Post  Alan McN on April 6th 2008, 3:49 pm

1. All of our beach access has been set up based on beach driving. I would estimate that at least 80 % of the visitors that come to our beach do so because they can drive on the beach. If beach driving is stopped we will loose 80% of our economy. As all of us know, it is very expensive to live here with high gas prices, high home insurrance, high water and electricity bills resulting in most of us working two jobs. If they close our beaches to driving I doubt any of us will survive. This would be a far greater disaster than any hurricane we have indured and we have seen a few. (Who could forget Emiley). I work for a beach rental company and we are already getting cancelations because of this issue. If some of our visters do come this year because they can't cancel their rentals or because they don't know about the beach driving closures, where are they going to park to go to the beach. We only have a few small parking lots near the beach. I think they will park anywhere they can, including, parking on the side of rt 12 and crossing over the dunes. This is not only dangerous but will damage our dunes.

2. One question I have for the bird people who are attacking us is as follows:
We have over 100 miles of protected beach from Okacoke to Nagshead that no one drives on or even walks on. Why do the birds choose to nest at the most populated beach areas? Do they just like people ? I don't think so. The reason they nest there is obvious. It because where there are people there is food. All of the bait discarded by fishermen, and crackers, bread etc dropped by beach goers provides food for these brids. If the birds were truly harmed by people on the beach wouldn't they just nest on the protected beachs where people don't go?? In conclusion, by stopping beach driving the bird people will actually be harming the very birds they want to protect. I have heard, although not confirmed, that since beach driving on Assateague and Chiqatuage islands was restriced that the number of nesting brids has steadily declined year after year.

3. The bird people are using a legal technicality to close our beaches. The mandate says that a plan has to be implemented to protect the beach. In the spirit of this mandate, we are already protecting the beach. The park service patrolls the beach every mourning looking for turtle and bird nests. When a nest is found the area is roped off and closed to human traffic. I have seen the park service put up wind blocks around turtle nest and even rake the sand smooth to help the baby turtles get to the ocean. We also have numerous beach cleanup days thoughout the year. All of the dunes and vegetation is off limits to driving already. Even with all of the people, both local and out of state, that use the beach there is very little trash left on the beach. Most of the trash on our beach washes in from the ships at sea. ( who could forget all the bags of dorrito chips on south beach).

4. Finally, Hatteras Island beaches are truly one of America' s national treasures. We have the best surfing and fishing of any beach I know. Our warm water and shallow beach areas make enjoying the ocean safe and fun for everyone. Even if beach driving did disturb a few birds, which no one has shown that it does, is it right for a few fanatics to use a technicality to stop hundreds of thousands of americans and their future generations from using and enjoying one of our national treasures. Is it okay to destroy thousands of Hatteras Island families and future of their children? In America doesn't the majority rule? I think far more people want beach access than oppose it. Why can't we be heard???? Doesn't the Constitution of the United States say that all men have the right to the pursuit of happiness ?? I don't remember the Constitution saying anything about the right of birds to interfere with that right.

Alan McN

Back to top Go down

CONTACTING NEWS AGENCIES

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 6th 2008, 3:48 pm

I WILL BE EMAILING AND CONTACTING AS MANY AS I CAN .EMAIL AS MANY PEOPLE TO HELP WITH THE EFFORT. PERSONALLY I AM TIRED OF NON NEWS ON THE MEDIA AS IT IS. SEEMS THEY WANT TO DISTRACT THE AMERICAN FROM WHAT IS REALLY NEWS WORTHY NOW A DAYS. GOODNESS I DO NOT KNOW HOW WALTER CONCRITE Sad WOULD BE ABLE TO REPORT THE NEWS TODAY WITHOUT THROWING UP. A SHAME. A SHAME. DON'T THINK BRITNEY SPEARS RETURNING TO TELEVISION WILL REALLY IMPACT MY WAY OF LIFE FOR SURE. I HAVE TWO BOYS IN THE MILITARY AND A NEWPHEW GETTING READY TO GO BACK TO IRAQ. I WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THAT SITUATION, THE NATIONAL PARK GETTING READY TO BE SHUT DOWN, THE TAXES WE ARE PAYING AND WHAT THE POLITICIANS ARE GOING TO DO ABOUT THESE DARN GAS PRICES. THESE THINGS ARE NEWS WORTHY. IT SEEMS OUR LEADERS HAVE FAILED US MISERABLLY AND IF THEY WOULD GET THE PUBLIC EXCITED ABOUT AMERICA AGAIN AND OUR FUTURE AND HAVE A ACTUAL PLAN TO DEAL WITH THESE ISSUES THAT WOULD BE AMERICAN HISTORY IN THE MAKING. . Mad

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

toothtel...

Post  sherrymskt on April 6th 2008, 2:59 pm

So true my friend, need good input as this is said by u. time consuming? its okay when its needed for a great cause. one cant do it alone. get ir done. lol

sherrymskt

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-03-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

contacting news agencys

Post  toothtel on April 6th 2008, 2:13 pm

lets contact AARP,AAA, ADA and RV org. maybe they will get involved. I'm writing to DOF,Audubon, Rylander and NPS again as well as the elected officials. Yes, it's time consuming but I figure when I can't go on the beach this summer it will be too late.

toothtel

Back to top Go down

HYDRAFISH2- Contactin national new agencies

Post  sherrymskt on April 6th 2008, 2:03 pm

The best way to do as i have is to search out the major news groups online. i have found when i get on their site, i scroll to the bottom of page where it says "Contact Us". I have dropped a few emails and referenced them to the issue and refered them to look at savehatteras.com where they can contact our Hereos at the beach. The best thing i have done is copied and paste info that i am finding. i only hope i dont offend anyone by doing this but most of it has been great help in spreading the word. If we got enough people to search out the news groups and send emails---Someone will see that something is going on and make contact with Frank and the other groups here. Please try this all. its a great thing to do.

sherrymskt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CAPE HATTERAS NATIONAL SEASHORE BEACH ACCESS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 6th 2008, 12:28 pm

i wonder what it would take to get the national news to cover this story. the local channels in the area and the national news media? after all this is a NATIONAL PARK THEY ARE TRYING TO DENY ACCESS TO. I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING THAT EVEN REMOTELY HAS TOUCHED ON THIS STORY IN THAT VENUE. HOW ABOUT SIXTY MINUTES. NBC, CNN, ABC, CBS. HOW WOULD ONE GO ABOUT CONTACTING THESE NEWS AGENCIES TO BE HEARD NATIONALLY. Cool

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"typo error" from attorneys letter and he caught it and replied--lol!!

Post  sherrymskt on April 6th 2008, 2:04 am

Reading back over this, I'm embarrased by a typo. Obviously, I meant my
last sentence to read "NOT as onerous as some have portrayed." Alas,
it's been very busy. Thanks.

Jason

sherrymskt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BEACH ACCESS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 5th 2008, 7:50 pm

THIS IS A SERIOUS THING. NOT ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN THE AREA BUT FOR ALL WHO ARE AMERICAN. THIS SEEMS LIKE COMMUNISM BY DEMOCRATIC VOTE. THESE SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS HAVE FOR TOO LONG DIRECTED HOW [i]OUR AMERICAN LIVES SHOULD BE LIVED. JUST WONDER IF THEY IN THEIR OWN PERSONAL LIVES PRACTICE WHAT THEY WANT OTHERS TO LIVE.? [b]WE DO HAVE A VOICE. WE CAN BE HEARD AND HEARD LOUDLY. THEY SURE ARE PREACHY, BUT WHEN IT REALLY COMES DOWN TO IT WHAT KIND OF CARS DO THEY DRIVE. DO THEY ALLOW ANY CREATURE TO ENTER THEIR HOMES WITHOUT GETTING THEM OUT. DO THEY USE FERTILIZERS FOR THEIR LAWNS, AND JUST HOW MUCH MONEY DOES THE LAWYER FOR THE DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE MAKE AND HOW ABOUT THE AUDUBON SOCIETY PEOPLE. THEIR EDITORS, CEOS AND THE LIKE.? DIMES TO DONUTS THEY ARE LIVE'N THE AMERICAN DREAM LIKE THE REST OF US JOES. HAVE A CAUSE BECAUSE IT IS A CAUSE AND IS POPULAR FOR THE MOMENT? NEED TO START ASKING THEM THE HARD QUESTIONS. pirat

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CAPE HATTERAS NATIONAL SEASHORE BEACH ACCESS

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 5th 2008, 7:30 pm

WHY NOT GET DONATIONS FROM EVERYONE THAT LOVES THE AREA LIKE ORV USERS, OUT STATERS, AND THE FISHERMEN, TO SUE THE DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE AND THE AUDUBON SOCIETY FOR TRYING TO CLOSE ACCESS TO AMERICAN CITIZENS?~WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO DEFEND A BIRD THAT IS NOT EVEN NATURAL TO THE AREA.? THE PEOPLE THAT ENJOY THE BEACH YEAR ROUND IN STATE AND OUTTA STATE HAVE RESPECT FOR THE BEAUTY AND CREATURES THAT LIVE THERE. LET US RAISE MONEY TO FIGHT THEM LIKE THE POLITICIANS ARE FOR VOTES. HUCKABEE DID IT! WHY CAN'T WE. Rolling Eyes

HYDRAFISH2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2,200 Vehicles may line Currituck beaches

Post  sherrymskt on April 5th 2008, 12:25 pm

2,200 vehicles may line Currituck beaches after Southern beach closures. I can believe that number then. What happens when people start flocking to Currituck beaches? Talk about destruction then and harassment of the wild mustangs. Folks think traffic is bad now during peak summer up there. Hello?! It will go from one issue to another.

sherrymskt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DOF Wildlife Alert

Post  toothtel on April 5th 2008, 11:57 am

I too, am concerned about the Alert that DOF sent their supporters via their extensive mailing list.The "2200 vehicles that line our shores" sounds excessive. It also states that in the last decade there has been an 86% decline in shorebirds at CHNS. "due to the high volume of ORV
use, the birds and turtle hatchlings are at risk of being run over. Why, then on the NPS web , is there a video,article and fact stating that there were more turtle hatchings last year than any other year? Someones statements are false and misleading.My concern is that they( the enviro groups) have the numbers- they too are sending e-mails and calls to elected officials. Numbers = votes.
I'm quite sure that if we closed off all beaches on the entire east coast and west coast that some birds would start hanging around. why not close off all of Myrtle Beach? Ocean City? because they couldn't get away with it- too much protest and money involved.
I had my head in the sand until 3 months ago. I left it to OBPA, BBA and the anglers club to take care of things. Not any more- you have my full support.

toothtel

Back to top Go down

Par for the course

Post  Frank Folb Jr on April 5th 2008, 9:23 am

As is par for the course Sherry, rylander and his cronies only know how to do things one way. LIES and Innuendos!! Half triths at best!! Yes there are times dyring major holidays like July 4th when there are a lot of orv's on the beach. BUT remember, that's why most people come to the beach!! He believes that he can come to a settlement that we can live with. He's crazy.He only wants to close 12% of the park!! The most important 12 % to those of us who want to catch fish. He and his buch are so quick to say SUY's destroy habitat, but he never talks about who REALLY destroyed the habitat. The NPS Resource manager who left her closure signs up year around and caused the dunes and grass to grow at Oregon Inlet, Cape Point, Hatteras Inlet and Ocracoke Inlet. Those area used to be PERFECT bird habitat now they have to take away from thepeople to try and force the birds to use what little bit of beach is left. Suv's Orv's have not done any damage to the habitat. There are no records of birds or turtles being killed by orv's. BUT there are many records of PREDATORS killing birds, and BIO Teks harassing birds that ultimately died.

No Sherry, Your letter is a great one and his return letter is classic rylander. Just a bunch of BE!!

Frank Folb Jr
Buxton NC
Board of Director OBPA

Frank Folb Jr

Number of posts : 68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Letter i recieved from Attorney with Defender of Wildlife

Post  sherrymskt on April 5th 2008, 1:55 am

Dear Ms.

The 2200 number comes from the Park Service and refers to peakvisitation days in the summer. It is not an average for the year. But it does accurately reflect how crowded some of the beaches can be on certain days.

I appreciate your concerns. They are what motivates us as well. We do not wish to leave behind a diminished earth and believe that it must be shared with all our creatures.

I am in Raleigh and will be appearing before Judge Boyle this afternoon. We have reached an agreement in principle with the government to settle the case, subject to formal approval by the Justice Department and the court. We believe that a solution can be reached that will provide adequate protections for nesting shorebirds and turtles and still preserve beach driving and pedestrian access to much of the Seashore year round. Our request to the court focused only on about 12 percent of the seashore, the areas of maximum importance to wildlife. A final
management plan governing ORV use is a legal requirement and will still need to be developed by the Park Service on its own or through the ongoing negotiated rulemaking process.

Stay tuned. There will likely be changes going forward, but I do not believe that the protections we seek are as onerous as some haveportrayed. Thank you for writing.

Jason Rylander
Staff Attorney

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu 4/3/2008 10:05 PM
To: JRylander
Subject: Wildlife alert

Mr. Rylander,

I read over one of the Wildlife Alerts tonight and I was truly shocked by the following quote you wrote.

"on any given day during peak season, as many as 2,200 vehicles line Cape Hatteras long string of shoreline accelerating beach erosion and pushing already-imperiled shorebirds and turtles closer to extinction"

I live about one hour away in a little town. I leave this little town to find some peace and enjoy the solitude of the ocean and throw my line into the ocean. I do not enjoy being around alot of people when I do this. Never once in the last 5 years have I encountered too many people on the beach.(2,200 is a big number to put in your Wildlife Alerts. I have to question why.) If I did, I would not drive to our great Seashore. When the fishing is slow, I walk along looking to pick up trash and observe wildlife. I cherish what we have here. I respect it. I treat it very well. When I leave, I make sure it looks like I have never been there as I encourage others to do. My only hopes is to be able to teach my unborn children one day, what God has provided all of us and how to appreciate it. I just hope that it doesnt become just a memory. I want our future generations to encounter such beauty and peace as I have. Please dont allow my stories of it, become their desires of wondering what it was like. I just hope that a agreement can be made so we can still enjoy our beautiful beaches always. I truly feel that it is no mans land, but Gods land that he provided to us to enjoy.

Take Care and Thank you for your time,

Sherry

Last edited by Admin on April 6th 2008, 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : line spacing for rss, no text change)

sherrymskt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Letter i recieved from Attorney with Defender of Wildlife

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top