PRO BEACH DRIVERS ONLY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frisco Woods

Post  Angel70 on April 28th 2008, 12:13 pm

My family loves that campground. We used to stay in Buxton at Cape Woods, but my brother and his family turned us on to Frisco Woods about 5 years ago. Once we stayed there, we haven't stayed anywhere else since. Now we've got all of our friends staying there too. My brother-in-law bought a huge camper a couple of years ago, since then, the adults stay in the camper and we get a cabin for the kids (they're old enough...so it's OK Very Happy we still keep them in close view) We've thought about renting a house to share too, but the camper has been working out fine.

All this talk about camping is really making want to get down there right now. We're going to try and get down there in June...maybe sooner if the funds work out for us. I'm not sure I can wait until June Cool

Angel70

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PRO BEACH DRIVERS ONLY

Post  va to obx on April 28th 2008, 11:55 am

We also have stayed at Frisco Woods, but this year (September) we will have a house just down the road. We have outgrown the Cabins and will share with a couple the house which in turn costs about the same when split. I do have a friend who has been Staying on a permanent site at Frisco woods for over twenty years. I have great memories there. We will also be down there at Frisco Woods for Memorial weekend in the Cabins. Three days in those is our limit and the orice is hard to beat.

va to obx

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FriscoGirl on April 25th 2008, 7:45 pm

I also use ramp 49 because my parents live very close. I have flown into Billy Mitchell airfield (will NEVER do that again - cross current landings are VERY hard - my rear hurt for 2 hours) and that is about a 15 minute walk.

Have used that ramp (with parents driving) since I was 3.

FriscoGirl

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

va to obx

Post  Angel70 on April 25th 2008, 2:28 pm

va to obx wrote:Things got even sadder when I was talking to my wife on the issue and my 3 year old boy asked if they close the beach for the birds and flowers who will get to see them. This just proves that a 3 year old can out think the goverment for far less money. In the meantime I will suggest we all have a drive to the beach on Memorial weekend and instead of protesting we simply enjoy another of our countries pleasures that the government will soon take away. I access at ramp 49 in Frisco and have always and I mean ALWAYS abided by the restrictions handed down by the signs on the beach. I only mention this because our following of these restrictions will be are only defense.

The common sense of kids never ceases to amaze me. That was a very wise statement Smile

My family uses ramp 49 most of the time too. It's a hop, skip, and a jump from the campground we stay at (Frisco Woods). We used to be able to drive straight to the Point from there...not anymore I guess Sad
Where does your family stay when you're down there?

Angel70

Number of posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  va to obx on April 25th 2008, 12:28 pm

Things got even sadder when I was talking to my wife on the issue and my 3 year old boy asked if they close the beach for the birds and flowers who will get to see them. This just proves that a 3 year old can out think the goverment for far less money. In the meantime I will suggest we all have a drive to the beach on Memorial weekend and instead of protesting we simply enjoy another of our countries pleasures that the government will soon take away. I access at ramp 49 in Frisco and have always and I mean ALWAYS abided by the restrictions handed down by the signs on the beach. I only mention this because our following of these restrictions will be are only defense.

va to obx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

old bumper stickers

Post  fosterchild420 on April 25th 2008, 11:32 am

This entire thing reminds me of 2 bumper stickers i used to have on my truck:

Sure you can trust the government: ask any indian!

Invest in America: buy a congressmen!

fosterchild420

Number of posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FOLLOW THE MONEY

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 24th 2008, 10:08 am

JUST LOOK AT THE CORP. SITUATION IN TODAY'S WORLD. IT IS FOLLOW THE MONEY. BIG BUSINESS IS BIG BUSINESS. THEY ARE FARMING OUT LABOR LIKE GIVING CANDY TO KIDS, AND IN THE MEANTIME THE AMERICAN CITIZEN IS SUFFERING.IT IS DEFINITELY NOT WE THE PEOPLE ANYMORE. THIS IS NOT O.K. THIS SITUATION SMACKS OF TIE INS TO BIG BUSINESS TO GRAB LAND UP. THATS JUST MY OPINION. "THE CHECKS IN THE MAIL" I DON'T KNOW BUT THE AMERICAN INDIAN COMPROMISED UNTIL THEY WERE COMPROMISED OUT. AND WHAT EVER WAS PROMISED THEY ARE STILL NOT GETTING. THAT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T FOR GENERAL INTEGRITY OF THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ALLOWING BUSINESS INTERESTS TO DICTATE HOW THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SHOULD BE LIVING. IT IS DRIVING THE NATION DOWN AND MORE IMPORTANTLY SPIRIT AND FAITH THAT OUR ELECTED LEADERS WILL DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE PEOPLE. IT JUST AIN'T HAPPENING. YOUR RIGHT FOLLOW THE MONEY AND SEE WHERE IT LANDS. Cool

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why was this delayed???

Post  FriscoGirl on April 23rd 2008, 9:40 pm

In my experience in DC (1 year at Navy JAG, 2 years at Department of Commerce and 25+ years interfacing with various departments - friends on the Hill - friends in various other departments - and my Dad at Navy for 30+ years) THINGS do not get LOST without someone deliberately burying it. As the French would say "Cherchez la femme" or the rest of the world "follow the money". Who is benefiting from playing hide the ball??
This seems to be a long term game - set up to slowly take away American rights to their own recreational facilities.

FriscoGirl

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

PRO ONLY

Post  HYDRAFISH2 on April 23rd 2008, 6:52 pm

THE COMMENT FROM REALIST PUTS THE SITUATION INTO PERSPECTIVE REAL WELL. THE PEOPLE OF THE ISLAND HAVE TRADITION AND LIVELIHOODS TO ENSURE FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN. AND IT SEEMS OVER THE YEARS THAT COMPROMISE HAS BEEN ONE SIDED. THEY HAVE GIVEN THEN GIVEN AND BECAUSE OF CLERICAL ERROR, THE MAIL SYSTEM, OR ANY NUMBER OF THINGS THE FINAL PLAN WAS NOT ADOPTED ON THE HILL. SO HERE THEY HAVE TO COMPROMISE MORE. SAD. Cool

HYDRAFISH2

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  va to obx on April 23rd 2008, 4:34 pm

I have been coming to Frisco for 8+ years. I have friends that have come for 20+ years. We have become friends with Locals. I go there because I grew up with the natural beaches of Michigans west coast and this is the closest I can get to that feeling. The biggest impact of closing the beaches to 4x4's will be the thousands of people parking along 12 and climbing over the dunes dragging coolers and beachware. This will then be eliminated to stop the destruction of the dunes and all access to the beaches will be shut off. OBX will then lose goverment funding for replenishing the beaches after hurricanes and then we can expect no more than ten years before total destruction of what is an incedible amount of money for the NC goverment. I suggest we do a park in on the beaches if the judge rules against driving on the beach and let them tow all of us off.

va to obx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  realist on April 8th 2008, 11:39 am

I'm not sure that you are fully aware of the issues surrounding the beach driving case. If you were to educate yourself regarding the birds that are claimed to be near extinction, they don't typically nest on the beach driving areas. Furthermore, nesting areas are always roped off and completely closed to driving. This has been done for years without the necessity of a lawsuit. Finally, the concerns are not simply recreational and economic. If you were to know more about the native islanders, then you might better understand that the government has already taken much land from them, politicians and environmentalists have changed their ablility to fish for a living like so many generations before them, and now tourism is a necessary part of their livlihood. These people can't simply live elsewhere like you do. The island is all they have known for generations. I respect your right to disagree, but I also feel that those who determine the acessability of the beaches should be those who live there.

realist

Back to top Go down

PRO BEACH DRIVERS ONLY

Post  doG eno on April 8th 2008, 10:58 am

After reading all of the posts it is evident that most of the comments are from pro beach drivers who do not want to compromise what they feel is their "right" to recreation and money for any reason whatever. This will be my only post because I see that I will be chewed up by some posters for having a different perspecive on things. Your basic philosophy on life will never allow you to see this issue in a different light.

doG eno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top